If you are looking for cheap travel, Ukraine must be your first next destination. I and my 2 friends decided to prepare our backpacks and explore this beautiful country. I plan to stay 3 days in each city. First Odesa, then Lviv and Kyiv.
Ready to Go! #
We packed our backpacks and head to Istanbul Airport. It took 1 hour by bus from the Mecidiyekoy (city center).
After the check-in and boarding line we got on the plane around midnight.
Odessa: City of Peace #
It was around two o'clock in the morning when we arrive to Odesa International Airport. First, we called an Uber to our hostel. My first impression about Ukrainians is they can't speak English well just like us. I'm telling this because when we arrived to our hostel, hostel staff struggled to communicate. It was okay for me. 😂
City is absolutely beautiful! If you don't like crowded places like me Odessa might be your next destination. It's cheap (even for Turkish people lol). Yes, it's fucking cheap man!
I realized that I remember all places, all activities but when It's come to write down here I'm struggling. I visited this country in July 2019 and now we're in September 2020. So, I decided to continue only with lists, pros/cons.
- It's cheap. Even for Turkish people. (you know our currency is sinking day by day.)
- Not crowded. You can walk whole city center.
- It has beautiful buildings. Can take a photo everywhere.
- It's sunny! Sunny and warm even in the night. Yeah! This is an important note.
- Nothing. I don't remember any bad thing about the city.
Shots around Odessa #
Lviv: Let me live here! #
Lviv is my still yet favorite city. Small, peaceful and student friendly!
- Budget friendly city.
- Not crowded.
- It's cold! Even in the middle of the summer!
Shots around Lviv #
Kyiv: The Capital #
Kyiv (Kiev) is the capital and most populous city of Ukraine. Its population is around 3 million. My least favorite city yet. Because it is crowded (some people especially like the capital because they can find a lot of attractive here) and architecture is still smell like soviet union. Lol! Don't misunderstand me this city just depressive after Odessa and Lviv.
- You never get bored. You can find a lot of attractive.
- Public transportation is good. Subway is a life-saver.
- Cheap like other cities.
- Too crowded. (Yeah I'm saying too crowded for a city who has barely 3 million population. Greetings from Istanbul with 16 million people!)